Scampi with Broccoli
Scampi with Broccoli
I love eating all sort of seafood dishes and I really don`t mind if it is well or poorly made. Interestingly I went to a port side diner with my uncle last week. They were serving all sort of seafood recipes and amazingly I just ordered a random dish of scampi with broccoli. I wasn`t really looking forward to it even though I ordered have it. I thought to myself a cheap port side diner might not really have the skills to make a great dish out of simple ingredients. But I was gob smacked by the smell of the dish when they served me. Honestly I was speechless after I had my first bite. Luckily my uncle was acquainted with the chef and he gave me the scampi with broccoli recipe. Honestly I tried it myself last night not only did it made my palettes and tummy happy it was quite a healthy diet. I guess if you are a seafood lover like me than you`ll at least try it out once whether its a replacement of your healthy lunch meal or any other meal. The recipe is as follows (below).
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup bottled clam juice
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Lemon juice to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1/2 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat.
- Add 1/2 Tbsp. garlic and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and season with salt.
- Sauté until shrimp are pink, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Add remaining 1/2 Tbsp. oil to skillet.
- Add broccoli and season with salt.
- Sauté until bright green, about 1 minute.
- Add water, cover and cook until broccoli is just tender and water has evaporated, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer broccoli to bowl with shrimp.
- In a small bowl, combine clam juice, remaining 1/2 Tbsp. garlic and cornstarch; stir until smooth.
- Add to skillet and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat, until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in basil and season with lemon juice and pepper.
- Add reserved shrimp and broccoli and heat through.
- Serve immediately, with lemon wedges.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Start to finish: 15minutes
Liked this recipe than you`ll enjoy making these recipes as well.
Photo by jencu